turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Where’s my federal refund?

try again my agent Fair was great and willing to help. Just follow this steps till you get a helpful agent. what is worsed then trying again not to do anything and keep waiting. 

How do you speak to a live person at the IRS?

1. The IRS telephone number is [phone number removed].
  2. The first question the automated system will ask you is to choose your language.
  3. Once you’ve set your language, do NOT choose Option 1 (regarding refund info). Choose option 2 for “Personal Income Tax” instead.
  4. Next, press 1 for “form, tax history, or payment”.
  5. Next, press 3 “for all other questions.”
  6. Next, press 2 “for all other questions.”
  7. When the system asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, do NOT enter anything.
  8. After it asks twice, you will be prompted with another menu.
  9. Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
  10. Finally, press 4 for all other inquiries. The system should then transfer you to an agent.

Hey CatibaT1, check it out.... Real help. Take notes.

I have tried that call in cheat sheet a few times - then you get to the end and they tell you that they can not take your call right now and to try back another time. 

I think the most frustrating part is things are over complicated because TurboTax exists. In other countries they just send you a tax bill and you pay it. Here, we have billion dollar companies lobbying our congressmen to make tax laws so complicated that you have to hire someone to help you. H&R Block and TurboTax should be shut down and eliminated.

Intuit is now trying to bill me for my taxes.. They say to be patient, ( I filed and it was accepted Feb. 20 ) my only reply is " you need to be patient, I'm seriously backlogged on my current debt due to being patient waiting on my return. I suggest Intuit be patient as well... 🖕

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

The IRS issues refunds, not TurboTax. This means that we can't say for sure why you haven’t received your refund if it's been longer than 21 days since you e-filed.   You'll have to speak directly to IRS to find out more about the delay.   

When to contact the IRS

What makes refunds late?

Here is another link to a thread that details how to go through the automated phone prompts to reach a live representative.  The steps may save you some frustration.   You can also search for a local IRS office in your area.  It may be easier to contact a local representative than using the main phone number.    You can use the ''make an appointment'' option even if you have no intention of going to the office, but that may get you a live person on the phone that can provide you some info.   They have access to the same information.  

--------------------------------------

The Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS) is aware that taxpayers are experiencing more refund delays this year than usual. Typically, the IRS processes electronic returns and pays refunds within 21 days of receipt. However, the high volume of 2020 tax returns being filed daily, backlog of unprocessed 2019 paper tax returns, IRS resource issues, and technology problems are causing delays. This is due, in part, to the IRS’s need to manually verify large numbers of Refund Recovery Credits (RRCs), as well as Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Advance Child Tax Credit (ACTC) 2019 adjusted income lookback claims. Once a return is processed by the IRS and loaded on to the IRS systems, TAS may be able to assist with delayed refunds if you meet their case criteria. Please review their case criteria tool to determine if TAS may be able to assist.    @JohnnyC 314

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
rob7461ert
Returning Member

Well turbo tax get me some wrong information on my credit card now it's like hell to track it down you can not call turbo tex and talk to someone about it now god know when we will be get it

Suarez153

Mine was accepted feb 26. Here it is may 6th and i payed out of my federal refund. I still have not received my federal yet but they got there money already but i still dont have my money yet. Why do they get there money already but i still have not got mine yet BS!!

RhondaClack
Returning Member

I also filed in February but now I'm getting an email from turbotax saying I owe money, why?

RhondaClack
Returning Member

I agree

RhondaClack
Returning Member

Can someone explain to me why my refund is taking so long?

I'm in the same situation and been waiting since mid February 😔 but everyone else I know has gotten theirs! I keep hoping it'll be any time now since it's been about 12 weeks since I filed. Good luck

Johnnyc413: lol that is hysterical, i thought the same thing!!  you can wait just like I have to!

Same here

same... straightforward, nothing fancy.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies