sidk_98

Where is the file for 1040X to make manual edits?

I am using the local version of TT Premier for 2015.  I need to make manual edits on my 1040X form.  I know how to access a form to make the changes.  Where do I find the file to make the edits?

If you are amending the 2015 return, it would be in your best interest to follow the program interview to start the amended tax return, Form 1040X.  See this TurboTax support FAQ on amending a 2015 return using the desktop editions - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2693843-how-do-i-amend-a-2015-return-in-the-turbotax-cd-download-s...

In Forms mode, if you have not started an amended return, it will not be shown on the left side of the Forms mode screen.  Click on Open Form at the top left of the screen.  Type in 1040X.  Click on the option shown, Form 1040X: Amended Tax Return to open

sidk_98

Thanks!  I found the file based on your comments in the second paragraph.