Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where is my Refund?

I have filed my refund through turbo tax with the thought of my taxes were in safe hands because Turbo Tax is supposed to be trustworthy. Turns out Turbo tax handed my funds over to a third party that has received my refund since May 20, 2022 and issued turbo taxes payment for the fees I was charged and I still have yet to receive my money. This is ridiculous and no one seems to be able to give me answers as to why I haven't received my money. Actually I was told I had to call the third party company. Well I do no believe that I signed any paper work stating that my money would be handed off to a third party company, therefore it isn't my responsibility to find where my money is. I was charged $301.25 by turbo tax and another $14.00 for unknown reasons by the third party company TPG. I am going to be submitting this to BBB because this is very unprofessional and there was nothing brought to my attention before filing that my refund would be handled  by a third party company. I guess that is the new thing this day and age every thing we do is being sold to third party companies. But isn't there some type of policies that customers should be aware before hand and turbo tax should be a little more helpful and knowledgeable on all situations that arise? So again where is my refund? It was sent to TPG since May 20,2022!!!!!!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Where is my Refund?

@kromero143 

So....Sorry.......you were not paying close attention when you chose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your  federal refund.   You were presented with several screens that explained that if you made that choice the refund would be handled by a third party bank, and you had to click on those screens to agree to it.  You did not sign "paperwork" since there is no paperwork involved when you use tax software and e-file your tax return.

When you choose to have your software fees deducted from your federal refund, the refund goes first to a third party bank.   Then that bank removes the amount of your fees from the refund and sends the remaining amount to you.   The fee for the third party bank was $39.99 (or $44.99 in CA).  That refund processing fee was also shown to you and you had to agree to it on the screen...or   .....   You could have chosen to pay your fees upfront using a credit or debit card, and then there would have been no involvement with the third party bank.

After the refund is received by SBTPG it can take several days for them to process it and send the refund to your own bank account or card.   If you made any mistakes with your account or routing number it takes longer.

Your tax refund was not sent to TurboTax.   TurboTax does not handle your refund at all.

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

How can I see my TurboTax  fees?   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2565973-how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online

What is Refund Processing Service?

@Critter-3 Could you help out here with the good screen shots you have for this user who went through the refund processing screens without understanding them?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Where is my Refund?

pay with refund 4.PNGpay with refund...4.jpgpay with refund consent page.PNGpay with refund consent page...2...PNG.jpg

stacieee1964
Returning Member

Where is my Refund?

Trying to find out were is is my refund  dropped in the mail about 5 weeks ago. 

Where is my Refund?

TurboTax never knows if you put your return in an envelope and mailed it.   The IRS is taking a very long time to process mailed returns, so it is possible that they have not even opened your envelope yet.   All you can do is wait for them to open it, enter it into the system and then they will start to show it on the IRS refund site.

https://www.businessinsider.com/taxpayers-filing-paper-returns-wait-6-months-tax-refund-2022-4#:~:te...

When the IRS opens its mail and begins to process mailed returns you can check the status on the IRS site. https://www.irs.gov/refunds

State returns have to be mailed to the state.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies