Solved: where is my refund

2021Tessa

where is my refund

I paper filed my taxes for 2020 and was due a refund. No word or deposit from the IRS. Have tried where is my refund and for months it said it was being processed now it tells me it can not find me in the system. Have tried calling the IRS about 100 times and cannot get to talk to anyone. If someone does answer they put you on hold and then comes on and says we are not taking any more calls today. Very frustrating. Now it is time to file again what do I do. Am I suppose to deduct last years refund on this years taxes. I am open to any suggestions. Thanks.

tagteam

where is my refund

@2021Tessa wrote:

...Am I suppose to deduct last years refund on this years taxes. I am open to any suggestions.

Whatever you do, do not deduct the refund on your 2019 return from this year's (2020) taxes.

Unfortunately, there are several million 2019 returns the IRS has yet to process. The only recourse at this time is to wait. 

where is my refund

You did not mention how long ago you filed that 2019 return by mail.   That is an important piece of information.  The IRS is very backlogged and it is taking them a very long time to process mailed returns.  Did you use any sort of mailing service with tracking so you know it was received--like certified mail, UPS, etc.?

Was the IRS refund site saying that your return was being processed?   In that case, only the IRS can tell you what happened.  TurboTax cannot find out.   No information is shared with TT after you file.  

To call the IRS:IRS:  800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri

Listen to each menu before making the selection.

First choose your language. Press 1 for English.

Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent.

TAX ADVOCATE

At the following IRS website, find the USA map and click on your state, and it will give you the number of your area's IRS Taxpayer Advocate.

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-a-Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

Also see this article for more info on how the Taxpayer Advocate Service works::
http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc104.html

No you do not put anything about your 2019 refund on your 2020 tax return.

tagteam

where is my refund

@2021Tessa wrote:

where is my refund

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

TAX ADVOCATE

http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc104.html

Bvaughns1922

where is my refund

WHERE IS MY 2019 REFUND