Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where is date of birth on my tax return?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Your date of birth does not appear on your federal tax return.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Thank you!
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Your date of birth does not appear on your federal tax return.

If you need to correct it, go to My Info.

Sue C

[PII Removed]

Problem is I never filed electronically until this year I know the date is wrong but the process is incredibly tedious. Filed electronically but I regret that now. My state return is fine although the garnished the whole amount for reasons I dont understand. My federal return has been stuck in process for 30 days now. 

u358

Well I just spent 10 minutes looking for my birthdate because the final page where I download and check my completed forms says... "We recommend double-checking your name, Social Security number, and birthdate."

You enter or edit your personal information like date of birth, Social Security number, address etc. in MY INFO.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

That wasn’t the cause for the delay your birthday isn’t how they verify identity anyway they would reject to begin with your name, and your Social Security number is the only thing that truly matters in the year you were born, the exact date does not matter 

Actually----the date of birth is used in the software and the SSN you use has to match the IRS records.  So you have to be careful in My Info when you enter a date of birth and a SSN.   E-files can be rejected if there is an error with those.  

But --- you "verify your identity" to e-file by entering your past year AGI, which the IRS matches up to the tax return that was filed using that SSN for the previous year.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies