Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sakjunk

Where do I find the how to file an amended return? Will that affect the number of filings (up tp 5) allowed per the software?

How do I file an amended return? My daughter accidentally filed her return (we were showing her how to use the software so she can learn for the future) before she received her interest statements.  

Also, will this affect the number of filings allowed per the software as you can only do up to 5?  (We do ours and our children's, so we'll need all 5)  Thank you
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Where do I find the how to file an amended return? Will that affect the number of filings (up tp 5) allowed per the software?

You can only install the program on 5 computers.  In the Desktop program you can do unlimited returns but only efile 5.  Was her return Accepted?  Maybe it  reject.  The IRS is not opening  until Jan 29 so you have to wait.  

How to amend
https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/tax-return/amend-change-correct-return-a...

The Amended 1040X return will be ready later in Feb.  You first need to wait for the original return to be Accepted and the IRS finishes processing it and you get the first refund or pay the tax due.  Then you can Amend.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies