turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

njl85
Returning Member

Where do I find the “amended return” checkbox ? I made a mistake on my social and when resubmit my return it says says rejected because I didn’t click amended return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Where do I find the “amended return” checkbox ? I made a mistake on my social and when resubmit my return it says says rejected because I didn’t click amended return?

Did you make a mistake entering your SSN, or entering your SSA-1099?  If your initial return was Rejected, you do not amend it.  Rather, you correct it and resubmit.  Please clarify.

njl85
Returning Member

On my original return I filed it not realizing I entered a wrong number in my social. It then was rejected and then when I clicked on the link “fix my return”. I corrected my error and re filed as it said. Then I got another email saying It was rejected once again. It says R0000-932-02 - If "Amended Return" checkbox is not checked, then taxpayer TIN in the Return Header must not be the same as a TIN of a previously accepted electronic return for the return type and tax period indicated in the tax return. I do not see anywhere amend return or anything. 

You have to download the pdf of your tax return. Go to Tax home and scroll down to where your tax return is and right next to it it should say “Download/print return(pdf)” and then you edit it from there and then you save and upload through the documents tab underneath Tax Home and then resubmit your return

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

If your return was never accepted and you are receiving this error, it could mean you have an identity theft issue.

If that is the case, then your return must be mailed. Pay to have it sent certified mail to the federal and the state so that the return can be tracked.

It is also a good idea to get an Identity Protection PIN if there is an identity theft issue, which can be included in the mailing to establish your identity as the correct one.

For more information, see: What to do if you suspect tax-related identity theft.

@njl85

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies