Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where can I access prior tax returns that are from more than 7 years ago?

I checked on my timeline and under the header "download/print return (pdf)" it says "We keep returns from the past 7 years, making returns from 2016 or earlier unavailable." Yet, it still allows me to download a .tax file that's unreadable. Doesn't that mean that Turbotax still has access to those prior tax returns?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

If you can get the .taxyyyy file you could try the TaxPrinter service (not connected with Turbo Tax) to convert a .tax file to pdf at

http://www.taxprinter.com

They might be expensive and it is probably not safe to email tax returns back and forth.

If you haven't done so already, download every year's tax file PDF from 2017 to 2022.....right now.

We constantly tell people in here, to download a PDF copy of their tax returns EVERY year, and back them up on a USB-flash drive or cloud storage.   Then you'll have them, as each new year another tax file PDF gets removed from the TTX servers.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies