turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I verified my identity in person after receiving 5071c and it was successful how long does it take to get direct deposit after that?

The  WMR? tool is dependent on the humans at the IRS to update the progress of your return properly which doesn't always happen timely ... it is common to have the refund in your hand before the IRS says it has processed the return ... it is possible your status on that site will never change.

I verified my identity in person after receiving 5071c and it was successful how long does it take to get direct deposit after that?

I verified March 6th...refund status says still processing
bitchyone

i verified on february 21st and was told it takes 9weeks but if you go to where is my refund it always says its being processed why would it take 9weeks if your taxes were done electronically and being direct deposited after you verify your id they should just process it

When your return was stopped for ID verify it had been accepted for processing but it had not started to be processed ... now that they know you are the real person filing the return they put it into the processing "pipeline" and that will take as long as it will take ... IRS tries to process a return within 21 days however it can take much longer.

Think of the IRS process as a long pipe line. Some returns will be rejected before being allowed into the pipe and the rest will be accepted. Then once accepted into the pipeline many will process directly through without any delays and some will not.  Some returns will be siphoned off for further review of some kind. The basis of what triggers these reviews is a well guarded secret but some are just picked randomly every year.

Some reviews are automated and some will require human attention. The processing times will vary and due to the continued understaffing situation and the gov shutdown  they are likely to take much longer this year than last.

Has anyone received their refund within 21 days after their id verification?
kwentonw

I haven't received my refund yet but I just checked today and my transcript has been updated. I verified on the 25th or 26th of February. So I am guessing I will get my refund soon.
bitchyone

mr jones no after i verified my id i was told 9 weeks even for direct deposit they said call after 9weeks if i dont get it

I Id verified Feb 25 updated last night on transcripts. All codes are normal except 570 which I was told was their due to ID verify so hopefully I'll update to ddd soon!!!!!

Has anyone updated
kwentonw

Same thing I had Bryanapoore.

Seeing that I’ve been waiting since March 5th and still haven’t received any information on WMR(we cannot provide any information about your refund..) I believe that it’ll take longer than 21 days for me to receive the refund for the return I filed on February 8th

I just got a another letter from IRS saying that they are verifying my return. In it could take up to 60 days to complete review. Did anyone else get a letter saying this?

gucci6good 4 hours ago
kwentonw

Haven't gotten that.

I got that same letter yesterday, never before

I don't understand it. What is going on.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies