turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tax210rc

How do know? If i mailed my return correctly

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
ShawnaD

How do know? If i mailed my return correctly

When you select "File by mail" in TurboTax, all forms required for mailing will print with your Federal and State returns. You will mail Federal returns to the IRS address listed in the instruction printout, and you will mail your State returns to the state address listed in the instructions.

You will want to select "Forms filed with the Government" to print only the forms needed for mailing.

• You will print and mail Form 1040/1040A/1040EZ along with any schedules that you have completed for the return (such as Schedule A, Schedule C, Form 2441 for Child and Dependent Care Expense, Schedule EIC, etc)
  • You will also send in a copy of your W-2 and any 1099's you have received.
  • Please note that Form 1040EZ will not have any additional schedules for you to file with this form.
  • An easy way to tell if the form should/should not be mailed to the IRS is to look at the top of the form and if you see text similar to "Complete and attach to Form 1040A or 1040" then this means you need to mail the form with your tax return.
  • Most worksheets do not have to be mailed with your return and may say "keep for your records". 

When you select that you will print and mail your state return for your filing status, TurboTax will print all of the forms you will need to mail with your state tax return, along with instructions on where to mail the forms. 

• You will mail your state return to your State’s Department of Revenue, you can contact them or visit their website for information on where to mail your state return in the event instructions do not print with the return.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies