turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Did anyone else receive partial of there 2016 federal refund while under review? And do any know when we will receive the remainder?

and have this every happened to any one? And did you ever get a refund? And how long ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies

Did anyone else receive partial of there 2016 federal refund while under review? And do any know when we will receive the remainder?

Are your taxes being offset? I would check into that..to be safe. I haven't received any of my federal taxes and not even notified if Im under review. I filed 01/14.

Thats an odd situation because normally the IRS is an all or nothing refunder.  Generally if your return is smaller than normal it is because they deducted penalties and or taxes owed then sent you the remainder after the offset. I would call the treasury offset phone line and type your social in to see if your return was offset or order a return transcript from the IRS and when it arrives look at the calculations they did on their end. 

No its not a offset my code is 151 which I think is normal for a review that's what makes the partial refund weird to me to
kw33n26

I did too which is weird did you get your transcripts

No I didn't try to get them did you? I know I owe no $ according to treasury offset
kw33n26

I got partial on the 3rd looking at my transcript I don't understand them though

When you checked your wheres my refund did it reflect the partial and say to call or give a code or at least say you would get a letter in the mail? Because usually for adjustments and such it will tell you on there.
kw33n26

Nope it still says the same thing
kw33n26

No offsets either no letter

Only code is 151 and will send letter
kw33n26

@dfjunior002  have u went through this before and did wmr update with something different after mine is still at 151 even though I received some of the money and my transcript has nothing left after the 846

My husband & I have been filing with TurboTax for last 6yrs+ & always received full refund in it's entirety.  However, this year we received partial refund 2wks before scheduled due date.  We've checked treasury offset & nothing for either of us.  I'm not certain codes you all are referring to but someone please advise steps we should take.  TIA!!!!!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies