dallsamore

When will I receive my Federal Refund?

ChondelLO

When will I receive my Federal Refund?

The IRS releases most refunds within 21 calendar days after the e-file has been accepted (received), not 21 days from the e-filing date. For mailed returns, allow 5-6 weeks from the postmark date. (If you claimed an Earned Income Tax Credit and/or an Additional Child Tax Credit and filed before February 15, 2018, you’ll get your refund the week of February 27 at the earliest.)

Wait 24 hours after your federal return has been accepted before looking it up at Where's My Refund?

If you don’t have a computer or internet access, you can check the status of your refund by calling the IRS at 800-829-1954.

For more information, you can also view Where's My Refund FAQs.

If you opted to e-file and you entered an incorrect account number for direct deposit, the government will mail you a refund check, allow 5-6 weeks from the postmark date.

If you still haven't received your refund or your refund is less than you expected, it's  possible you may have a Refund Offset.

For questions on state refunds, use your State Refund Lookup tool.