Here is the text of the e-mail sent out about the stimulus:
Great news, your stimulus payment is on the way!
We are happy to share that stimulus payments will begin to be deposited starting January 8th. We expect most payments to be available that day, but your bank could take a few business days to process. Your payment will be deposited into the same bank account that you received your 2019 tax refund.
We have been working tirelessly with the Treasury and IRS to get your stimulus payment to you. We know how important these funds are for so many Americans and we regret that an IRS error caused a delay in you receiving your stimulus payment.
For more information about stimulus payments, please go here.
Thank you again for being a TurboTax customer.
Check the IRS Get My Payment tool. The tool should tell you where your stimulus payment was deposited or mailed. The IRS has indicated there’s nothing you can do to change where they send your payment.
If you do not receive a payment, you can make an adjustment on your 2020 tax return for stimulus payments you qualify for, but have not received.
To do this in TurboTax, please follow these steps:
- Enter the information in your return.
- Click Federal Review at the top of your screen.
- On the screen, Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click Continue.
- You will be asked about the amounts of first round and second round stimulus payments you received.
- TurboTax will then calculate the amount of stimulus payment remaining that you are still entitled to. This will show as a credit on line 30 of the 1040.