joanpnt13

When the IRS has taken the amount owed on my Federal taxes out of my checking account, can I assume the case is complete and closed?

has my Federal IRS 2018 case closed? They deducted the amount I owed out of my checking account that I gave them. This was done 2 days I e-filed.

MinhT

The fact that the IRS has withdrawn the amount of tax due from your bank account means that your e-filed return has been received and accepted by the IRS as conforming to the preliminary checks for e-filing.

This does not necessarily mean that your return will not be reviewed or audited at a later date.

MinhT