• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joanpnt13

When the IRS has taken the amount owed on my Federal taxes out of my checking account, can I assume the case is complete and closed?

has my Federal IRS 2018 case closed? They deducted the amount I owed out of my checking account that I gave them. This was done 2 days I e-filed.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MinhT
Expert Alumni

When the IRS has taken the amount owed on my Federal taxes out of my checking account, can I assume the case is complete and closed?

The fact that the IRS has withdrawn the amount of tax due from your bank account means that your e-filed return has been received and accepted by the IRS as conforming to the preliminary checks for e-filing.

This does not necessarily mean that your return will not be reviewed or audited at a later date.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MinhT
Expert Alumni

The fact that the IRS has withdrawn the amount of tax due from your bank account means that your e-filed return has been received and accepted by the IRS as conforming to the preliminary checks for e-filing.

This does not necessarily mean that your return will not be reviewed or audited at a later date.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v