Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

remijj17

How long after the bank rejects my refund will it take the IRS to issue me a paper check

Yes I only received one letter..

How long after the bank rejects my refund will it take the IRS to issue me a paper check

I only received one letter..Sorry for the confusion.

I haven't received no letter i was just told i should be receiving it by the end of April. It's so irritating tht we have to wait this long
queenj1624
Returning Member

I received a CP24 notice March 4th does anyone know when I should receive my refund or if I will receive a direct deposit or paper check I originally asked for direct deposit
remijj17

@queenj1624 A CP24 is stating that you're owed an overpayment on your refund. So basically the IRS owes you money.  
remijj17

We received the CP53B due to our dd being sent back so it basically gives the IRS extra time to "review" the return to for fradulence.
queenj1624
Returning Member

But do you know if it will come by mail?
remijj17

Yes by mail
queenj1624
Returning Member

When should i expect it?
remijj17

8 to 10 weeks after the bank sends the money back is when the IRS said we would get ours... They have to pay interest on your return if they keep it past a certain point..

@remijj17 talk to someone else at irs said it should come five weeks from the date of ddd. I said I've heard so many other stories she said check this weekend on wmr. I doubt if it changes but fingers crossed.

@lovelyjneira I didn't get my letter untill almost a month after my ddd.

My ddd was 2/27 but my bank reject it

@lovelyjneira yeah I got my letter on the 3/16 same cp53b letter saying it got rejected

In my opinion they gone wait to the 15th which is the deadline to file to see if anyone else file that info to protect against fraud. Just my opinion
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies