Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When reviewing my DC tax return, the system is telling me "Check This Entry. Form D-2441: Col 1(d)-Days must be entered." What days? Why does the input box expect a date?

Beneath this question, there is a form D-2441 SUB displayed. However, it doesn't have any boxes labeled 1(d) or Days.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

When reviewing my DC tax return, the system is telling me "Check This Entry. Form D-2441: Col 1(d)-Days must be entered." What days? Why does the input box expect a date?

To get through this screen I just entered 12/31/2020 (i.e., the final day of the 2020 tax year) for all four times I was asked the question. Having now completed all data input and printed a preview tax return, I see that the form now states that my two children both resided in our household only from 12/31/2020 to 12/31/2020…! I've tried to go back in and correct this information, but haven't found a way to do so. As a result, I find myself in the infuriating position of being forced to choose between: i) knowingly submitting incorrect information on my tax return; ii) printing the whole DC return in order to manually correct the error, and then filing by mail; and iii) delaying filing until even closer to the deadline in hopes of getting help from TurboTax (and/or this community).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies