Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ktorres76

When I track my Illinois State refund, it says it can not match my info to a return. Turbo says it was filed on Jan.13th and accepted on the Jan 16th. All my info is right, I've checked, and tripled c

Correction * it was received Jan 9th and accepted on Jan. 13th
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

When I track my Illinois State refund, it says it can not match my info to a return. Turbo says it was filed on Jan.13th and accepted on the Jan 16th. All my info is right, I've checked, and tripled c

It's probably  because the IRS officially started processing tax returns today, please review link: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-opens-2020-filing-season-for-individual-filers-on-jan-27

And after your return has been "accepted" you should wait at least three days after e-filing your tax return before checking refund status. Finally, be sure you are entering the required information correctly. 

1. Amount of expected FEDERAL refund ( do not include State)

2. Social Security number (primary filer)

3. Filing Status (head of household, married filing jointly, etc)

** Where's my Refund?-is probably not active yet since the IRS only started processing tax returns as of today. Try back in a few days 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I live out of state so I had to mail my Illinois return. I had the same problem as you. If you keep looking on there website there is another way to see if your return was processed yet. It took me three times to find it. My return has still not beenbeen processed. I am very upset.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@jd765 Unfortunately, there is no other way to check your state refund, except on your state's website: How do I track my Illinois tax refund? Some states do take longer to process than others. You may also try contacting your state directly, their contact information would also be located on the IL website.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies