turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I accidentally marked in line 5 that I could be claimed as a dependent to someone else and I am not and cannot be claimed by anyone else. How can I fix line 5 in my income tax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
CheriS
Intuit Alumni

I accidentally marked in line 5 that I could be claimed as a dependent to someone else and I am not and cannot be claimed by anyone else. How can I fix line 5 in my income tax?

Have you already filed?

Yes, I filed around 1 pm this afternoon

when I click on the how can I amend Link, It asks to click the year I'd like to amend and 2016 won't be available until february. I already filed, what do I do?
CheriS
Intuit Alumni

Wait to see if your return is accepted or rejected. If it's rejected, you can go back and fix anything you want and send again. If it's accepted, you will have to wait until February to amend within TurboTax Online.

thank you
CheriS
Intuit Alumni

Welcome!
CheriS
Intuit Alumni

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies