turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When attempting to login to RobinHood when adding my crypto sales, TurboTax returns an error (Unexpected error occurred. Please try again in a few hours (101)).

When trying to add crypto information, Turbotax returns an "unexpected error occurred. Try again in a few hours (101)" error. Tried manually adding the information (sales totals and such), but then going through the final check, TurboTax is saying I have to review the crypto section that I JUST added..  go through the review and it then returns directly to the review page, and continues to display the crypto section needs to be reviewed... I'm unable to move past this point and it tries to force you to have a live expert review your documents (don't want the live expert extra fees)... any workarounds?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

15 Replies
ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

When attempting to login to RobinHood when adding my crypto sales, TurboTax returns an error (Unexpected error occurred. Please try again in a few hours (101)).

Are you using TurboTax Desktop or TurboTax Online? Please respond to this thread for further assistance. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The issue was happening on pc - web browser, mobile - web browser and the mobile - app.

singhgupi
Returning Member

I am also facing the same issue, where connecting to Robinhood for Crypto is not working. I do get OTP on my mobile, but then an unexpected error. I am using the online version of TurboTax.

If I upload csv, it asks me to review and validate each of the 600+ entries during federal review. It's painful.

Csv won't work either. It asks you to review each sale, but when reviewing each sale, it doesn't say you reviewed whichever sale you just reviewed. If you review the top one all the way, and click the top one again in the needs review list, it's the same one you just reviewed... 

I am having the SAME issue and it has consumed allllll of my time trying to figure this out!!! 

I am also having this issue, i have 359 sales that need to be reviewed before moving on, which doesnt work... and i CANT import my documents straight from Robinhood I kept getting an error message. 

please review the below messages and help where you can, thanks!

ccg1108

Same! Can someone help? 

All you have to do is manually enter it in and instead of doing each sale 1 by 1 you’re are going to do the gross proceeds and gross cost basis, for example if you have 10 sales that you bought for $10 and sold for $20, your proceeds would be $100 and the cost basis would be $200, instead of doing them one by one 

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

you happen to be attempting to enter a large amount of stock transactions, it can oftentimes cause issues in the software. With that said, please review this FAQ for some tips.

singhgupi
Returning Member

Hi, thanks for your response and link to FAQ.

However, if you check responses, I am having just 600 entires, and other user is having 350ish. (so they are not even 1000) To me this looks to be a bug in Turbo tax, which needs to be fixed for 1099 for crypto currency.

For now, as a work around, I'll try to just add one lump sum entry per category, instead of all 600. Hope it doesn't cause issues with IRA, etc.

I had less than 100 sales and the issue persisted. Even when trying to enter sales totals, nothing but issues. 

Is there a fix for this? Do we have to use different tax software?

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

Perhaps.  Is this a new notice?

In TurboTax Online Premium, at the screen Let's import your tax info, I selected Robinhood-Markets.

The following message then displays:

Users are now easily able to import their securities and crypto transactions into TurboTax using their Master Account Number and Document ID. Now simply enter the Master account number and Document ID found at the top of the cover page in your tax form package and there is no need for any additional upload(s) for your crypto transactions like last year. Note: Please search for Robinhood Securities - Retirement to import your 1099-R tax form(s).

@hoffmantnt 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies