Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

what to do now? haven't received "accept" confirmation after 7 days

I filed my federal tax on April 2, and it's been 7 days and I have not received an "accept" confirmation: status remains "queued for transmission". There's not much time left before the April 18 deadline. What should I do?

1. wait and make my tax payment online on April 18?

2. file again via USPS and attach a check?

3. nothing?

Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please do not refile your return.  As long as you submitted your return prior to the deadline, there are no issues with your return still in the Pending status.  For more information on this, please see the Help Article here.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for clarifying.  Normally, you wouldn't need to worry about whether or not the IRS debits your account after the deadline as long as you filed by the deadline and selected 4/18 as your payment date. But since your return says that it is "queued for transmission," you should consider checking your status on 4/18, and if it isn't transmitted or accepted you can pay directly to the IRS, to avoid a penalty.

@chenyang26

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

You do not need to pay the IRS if you have already set up the direct debit. It was cane up to 10 days after your return has been accepted for the payment to process. 

Please check out the help article here for more information on the time it can take for your payment to process. @chenyang26

5 Replies
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please do not refile your return.  As long as you submitted your return prior to the deadline, there are no issues with your return still in the Pending status.  For more information on this, please see the Help Article here.  

thank you @HeatherPLO . good to know that. I however owe taxes. do I need to pay before 04/18 even if the status remains as "QUEUED", or I should just wait and do nothing until status is updated?

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for clarifying.  Normally, you wouldn't need to worry about whether or not the IRS debits your account after the deadline as long as you filed by the deadline and selected 4/18 as your payment date. But since your return says that it is "queued for transmission," you should consider checking your status on 4/18, and if it isn't transmitted or accepted you can pay directly to the IRS, to avoid a penalty.

@chenyang26

Hi @HeatherPLO. Want to give an update. I just received an "Accepted" update for my filing from IRS, but the tax I owed has not been extracted from my bank. Do I still need to pay IRS Direct myself? Or it is fine that I wait for them to withdraw money since the filing has been accepted? Thx!

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

You do not need to pay the IRS if you have already set up the direct debit. It was cane up to 10 days after your return has been accepted for the payment to process. 

Please check out the help article here for more information on the time it can take for your payment to process. @chenyang26

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies