Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What's taking my refund so long? I have code 1541 on IRS site.

@Monty u didn’t get letter yet?

I’m hoping. I hope we all get an update this week with a date. I’m sure we all need this money. The only good thing is I already know what my letter says. Let just hope we all get a date or money this week

I hate putting my hopes up but I’ve read that people have gotten their refund 2 weeks after recieving letter.

@Palex no they said mine was gonna be sent out on the 11th. And when I looked at transcript it says the 11th too. So I should get it in the next few days. Is supposed to be sent out today.

@Ash1729. I know how u feel. Tired of looking and being hopeful only to be let down. But don’t let these assholes ruin it. We will get it soon. I’ve even heard of people getting their money in the same week of that letter. Theirs nothing we can do but wait now. We will get it soon. Gotta keep believing. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

I left my job in June 18 and so I used my last check stub so I’m hoping they recieved a w2 from the company because I didn’t.

They should have and they shoulda sent u one. That is the law. They can get fined for it.

They did send me one but I didn’t wait for it and I just used my last check stub instead so I’m not sure if that’s what’s causing my delay but I’ve used check stubs before when filing and never had an issue so I don’t know what else to do

If u end up getting something cause they didn’t send it in and delays ur stuff which I’m hoping it don’t and they did their job. Let the irs know and that company will be in deep**bleep**.

Nah u should be good. As long as ur wages and tax stuff match. U shouldn’t have any problems. U will only have a problem if ur wages and fed tax withholding don’t match

I got a 4464 see you later on Friday and it just says if I don’t receive my refund or another letter and 60 days to give them a call but I read that people got the letter and two weeks later received a refund and they were also seen people that waited 60 days and called them because they didn’t we see you there refund or another letter and they asked for an additional 60 days

The only way u can get ur refund and not be delayed cause of wages or tax change is if ur employer sent a corrected w2. Cause then u have up to 3yrs to correct it and it’s says wait to file ur amended w2 till after u get ur refund

I am actually starting to question the last check stub I used But it should have been the correct one.

God I hope we don’t have to wait another 60 days. We shouldn’t either. If they have to wait longer then something is up with their taxes. I’ve also seen that and have seen it where people have gotten it the same day the letter came and also within the same week. All we can do is wait. And if by chance we ended up getting another letter then we should be able to call an advocate. Cause then the it’s is just stalling. Unless you get a letter stating ur in an audit they can’t hold it for that long. Theirs no reason.

U should be good. If not I would think they woulda sent a letter stating they need a copy of ur check stub or w2 to verify wages. I know some people got that letter to cause their stuff was off by a few dollars
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies