turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What's taking my refund so long? I have code 1541 on IRS site.

I feel the same way!! Like let me get my money. I need it

I hope eventually I find out the truth behind it. I hope everything works out for you and you get it soon.

Yes I hope the same for you as well. I need a car asap and this is holding me back. And I agree my stuff is all correct no fraud ever.

I talked to someone on Friday and all he could tell me or wasn’t supposed to tell me was that a w2 from an employer was not showing up. And I said well I have it hear and talked to the employer and they showed me it was sent so idk what the irs is pulling but they r the ones who are screwing up

I had family who also filed and got accepted on the 28th of Jan and got a date. And othe family members who filed 2 weeks after I did and got a date. I thinks it’s just random and irs ain’t telling us something. I need this money and they need to stop being so rude when we call. We wouldn’t call if they stop giving bogus answers and a time

Exactly! I could see the possibility of my employer not being found or what not as I'm a paralegal at a small office and I'm the only employee. If I would've been told that instead of a generic crap answer, I definitely would've been more understanding. The under review scared me to tears.

That's exactly what I need mine for as well so I definitely can relate. My parents were going to help me IF my taxes showed approved as then they'd know I'm getting the money. Now I'm stuck in limbo and more than likely all the decent cars in my price range will be long gone. Especially to the people who filed fraudulently but still got approved. I'm bitter over this.

I have been bitter to but nothing we can do for it. They are obviously holding something if they r telling u the same as me. That tells me that they r doing something or hiding something. I think we r ransoms who got picked for something and they won’t tell us. My advice is just don’t call cause they get mad and put notes in ur file and can hold it even longer. They even told me that I could get a letter and I asked for what. I did everything right and he just ignored the question. Tells me they r full of crap and hiding something.

I wouldn’t be scared over the under review. Their is a lot of people who all got that same dumb message saying ur under review. Just another bull answer they keep telling us

It just made me nervous initially because the way the agent said it made me feel as though it was in a negative connotation.

I filed January 23rd and the IRS accepted it on the 29th. I had the bar up until about a week ago. I immediately called the IRS. I had to call them 6 times. I was on hold, hung up on and etc the first 5 times. When I did get answered she said that there was nothing wrong with my return and that I should get my refund deposited by February 27th. So far, I still have no direct deposit date, no approval no nothing. Someone else was told that they would have to wait until March 4th. I'm just pissed because I know people who have have fraudulent returns, claimed both the EITC & ACTC and all that but guess what???? They've gotten a date and their refund already! It's not making sense at all. 

The irs can’t hold your refund for calling. When your calling them it’s customer services. And normally it could be a third party who is taking calls for them. Like a company I know name Sykes is hiring to take calls for the tax season. They don’t have the ability to just hold your refund because you call them to check on your refund. Your not actually speaking with the irs when your calling it’s customer service.

That's exactly my situation. I did speak to the IRS last week and they told me it's "under review" and that it may be mid April before I know or get anything. It could go in before that but they said it could be 45 days. I think they're just making stuff up instead of telling me what the issue is because there is no issue on my end. My stuff is legal and correct. I feel you so much about the fraudulent people getting approved already. It's sooooo frustrating!

Yeah it's definitely a 3rd party contracted customer service situation.

Direct deposit date 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies