turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What if I have e-filed and forgot to include the 1095c and 1099INT

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MollsBBU

The 1095-C is not necessary to input for your returns. You should just keep this form for your files as it proves you had health insurance.

However, you will need to amend to include the 1099-INT form. You will need to wait to see if your return is accepted or rejected. If rejected, you may correct and resubmit. If it is accepted, you will need to file an amendment.

Please remember:

Three weeks after you mailed your amendment, you can start tracking its progress at the IRS Where's My Amended Return? site.

Before starting to amend the tax return, wait for the tax refund to be received or the taxes due to be paid and processed by the IRS.

• You're free to cash your refund check or spend it once you have it. You don't need to wait for your amendment to finish processing, which can take another 3-4 months.
  • If you owe money after amending, you'll just include payment with your mailed amendment form.
  • And if your amendment results in a second refund, you'll get a check for the additional amount.

An amended return, Form 1040X, can only be printed and mailed to the IRS, it cannot be e-filed.  

The IRS will take 16 weeks or longer to process an amended tax return.

Amendment Instructions:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5114064

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MollsBBU

The 1095-C is not necessary to input for your returns. You should just keep this form for your files as it proves you had health insurance.

However, you will need to amend to include the 1099-INT form. You will need to wait to see if your return is accepted or rejected. If rejected, you may correct and resubmit. If it is accepted, you will need to file an amendment.

Please remember:

Three weeks after you mailed your amendment, you can start tracking its progress at the IRS Where's My Amended Return? site.

Before starting to amend the tax return, wait for the tax refund to be received or the taxes due to be paid and processed by the IRS.

• You're free to cash your refund check or spend it once you have it. You don't need to wait for your amendment to finish processing, which can take another 3-4 months.
  • If you owe money after amending, you'll just include payment with your mailed amendment form.
  • And if your amendment results in a second refund, you'll get a check for the additional amount.

An amended return, Form 1040X, can only be printed and mailed to the IRS, it cannot be e-filed.  

The IRS will take 16 weeks or longer to process an amended tax return.

Amendment Instructions:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5114064

RebeccaC

If you need to enter this information, all you have to do is amend your tax return, here's how!

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5567856

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies