hannahhults

What if I did not pick up my tax return last year?

I received a notice last year after filing that I needed to verify my identity at the state office, and I forgot to do this. As a result I never received my tax return. Is there a way for me to claim this tax return this year?

WillK

Unfortunately no, the state will not include your 2015 refund with your 2016 refund (if you are due on). You will need to contact your state and find out if you still need to go in and verify your identity and take care of that and then they should give your 2015 return. When you call your state you might want to ask them if there will be any hold up on your 2016 refund (if you are due one). 

WillK