turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What happens after i amend/change an already accepted federal return? It says i cant efile it but i went through the instructions online already.

I forgot my 1098-t when i did my taxes. I just added it by ameding the already accepted federal return. It didnt change anything on the main screen and it also said i couldnt e file it. What do i do now?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

What happens after i amend/change an already accepted federal return? It says i cant efile it but i went through the instructions online already.

In order to amend your return, the forms have to be printed and mailed for processing. The amendment forms aren't quite available yet. Return back to TurboTax later on in February and we will walk you through the process.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288565

View solution in original post

3 Replies

In order to amend your return, the forms have to be printed and mailed for processing. The amendment forms aren't quite available yet. Return back to TurboTax later on in February and we will walk you through the process.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288565

I have this same issue for my 2022 return.  The original filing was already accepted by IRS.  I added a 1098 form but Turbo-Tax tells me I don't have a return eligible for E-filing.   What am I doing wrong?

KrisD15
Expert Alumni

Could be one of two reasons. 

1. The addition of the 1098-T did not change your tax liability.  You don't owe any more tax and/or you don't get a larger refund.

2. E-filing is not yet available for 2022 Tax Year Amended Returns. It is estimated that e-filing will be available February 23rd 

Click for more information 

@ANWMassTax 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies