Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tracerain

What happened to my taxes after credit karma closed the account they were set to be deposited into?

I filled my taxes through turbo tax and got an advance through credit karma only to have Credit Karma closed my account two days later. They of course sent my remaining balance from my advance  to me via USPS.  However, I still had the remaining balance of my taxes that was set to be deposited into the Credit Karma account on Mar 4th. Since the account was closed (for some unknown reason) my taxes had no place to be deposited. I was told that they would be returned and held for a week then sent through USPS. Thos never happened. Upon further investigation I was told that Credit Karma accepted the funds. So here it is June 9th and I still cannot determine where my money went. Who do I contact now. I've tried Turbo Tax, Credit Karma and the bank in Santa Barbara that sends out the taxes after Turbo Tax 5eceives there fees. No one can tell me where my 1600 dollars is. Now what????
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

What happened to my taxes after credit karma closed the account they were set to be deposited into?

Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.

The IRS would have only sent your federal tax refund to the Santa Barbara Tax Products Group if you requested to have the TurboTax account fees paid from your federal tax refund.

If this is the case then you have to work with SBTPG for the status of the refund.

Tax Products Group Contact Information - https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information

Call 1-877-908-7228

Or email - TPG-CSsupport@greendotcorp.com

If you did Not request to have the TurboTax fees paid from the federal tax refund, then the bank would have rejected the direct deposit since the account was closed.  The bank would have sent the refund back to the IRS and the IRS would have then mailed a refund check to the address on the tax return.

You would need to have the IRS start a trace on the refund - https://www.irs.gov/faqs/irs-procedures/refund-inquiries/refund-inquiries-0

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies