Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I go to the WMR site and it says We can not provide any info about your refund. To call IRS and give Ref# 9001 what does this mean

Well mine is in review by a person. So I’m having to wait up to 9 weeks as well if nothing else is needed within that time frame. SMH
amoses96

I go to the WMR site and it says We can not provide any info about your refund. To call IRS and give Ref# 9001 what does this mean

@calihoe2016 Honestly I would call because it's much easier to do it over the phone due to the face that the agent I spoke with said they were having problems with verification online. Also it's better to call in the morning between 8 and 10 am

@keitha and @amoses96 I’m going to call as soon as I leave work it changed from one bar to the 9001 Saturday I filed the 29 accepted same day I was just nervous cause some people saying not to call today make my 21 days but I’m going to call around 3pm my time Florida
bpate1993

Yall are all getting a letter

Didn’t say I was getting one.

@bpate1993 Why would they get a letter and they just verified over the phone smh see this is what I’m talking about all this info @keitha @amoses96

this is exactly what im talking about. we all have the same issue. just getting different answers. it's almost like waiting is the best option
Thorienna

called again...no go, call at a different time!

im on the phone and this man isnt very friendly hope he gives me some hope here

@traceyra  let us know the outcome!

How we all get different answers but same code
Mindizzy

They told me just now that they need control # from letter but a letter was never sent idk what to do
Mindizzy

I just called and said 9001 means it’s being held due to need to verify identity said I need to wait for letter but I also moved and usps won’t forward Irs mail so basically I’m screwed cause I don’t have control # from letter

Well they told me I didn’t have to take any action!! I called in again just to make sure that was my issue. I was told mine is under review to make sure everything was correct on my tax return. It would take up to 45 days which actually sucks bc that’s a whole month. I’m hoping everything is ok and that they can fix if anything is wrong with mine. I hope everyone can get an answer!! Call twice just to make sure that is your issue. Good luck.
Mindizzy

Keitha did they ask you for control #
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies