turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

We filed with TurboTax and had the fees taken out of the refund direct deposit from the IRS. Will this cause our stimulus check to be mailed or will it be direct deposited?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LeonardS
Expert Alumni

We filed with TurboTax and had the fees taken out of the refund direct deposit from the IRS. Will this cause our stimulus check to be mailed or will it be direct deposited?

If the balance of your refund was directly deposited to your bank account then the IRS will use that information for a direct deposit of your stimulus check.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

9 Replies
TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Please click https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/ to learn how your stimulus check will be handled if you paid TurboTax fees. 

Quite frankly that is a cop out answer. You handled my tax return, you hired SBTGP, and instead of handling this directly you want me to go to them for their answer? My question is what are YOU (TurboTax) doing about this? It was very nice of you at TT to set up a portal for people who haven't filed but what about customers who have been with you for YEARS? Passing the buck looks very bad.

"DUPLICATE"

Bull**bleep**. Once again people who don’t even pay taxes We’ll  definitely get you a stimulus check but screw the people who pay taxes every year we don’t have an answer for you

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

If the balance of your refund was directly deposited to your bank account then the IRS will use that information for a direct deposit of your stimulus check.

LeonardS,

Thank you for a direct answer. I hope you are correct. Not that I doubt you but you never know when dealing with the IRS. 

Again, thanks!

Wesley

JohnB5677
Employee Tax Expert

Just to confirm that Leonard is correct,

So if I gave you my direct deposit information and you took your fees out, will I receive it direct deposit???

DaveF1006
Employee Tax Expert

Yes, according to our third party processing service, you will receive your stimulus check by direct deposit. Please read this link for verification.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies