Joe_snyder

W2 v last check stub

I seen after I have filled my taxes out that my last check stub doesn't match what's on my w2 what do I need to do?

W2 v last check stub

Did you enter your W-2 into the tax return--good. Ask your employer to explain the difference.  But W-2's and pay stubs seldom match, which is why we caution people constantly not to try filing with pay stubs.

W2 v last check stub

Filing before you have all of your information causes you a lot of aggravation that could be avoided if you just wait until you have everything first and then take your time preparing your return so you do not mess it up because of a rush to get a refund.

You cannot change or add anything on the return that you just e-filed, nor can you stop it.  It is too late, just like when you put an envelope in a US mailbox on the corner.

If you left out a W-2, or a dependent, or a 1099 etc…DO NOT change your return while it is pending.  The changes will go nowhere.

Now you have to wait until the IRS either rejects or accepts your return.  If your return is rejected, you will be able to go into your account and make the necessary changes to your tax return and re-submit your return.

If the IRS accepts your return, however, then you have to wait longer until it has been fully processed and you have received your refund.  THEN you can prepare an amended tax return and mail it in. You have to be able to work from that return exactly the way it was when it was e-filed originally.  You will need to use a form called a 1040X. You cannot e-file an amended return.  They have to be mailed, and it takes at least 2-4 months for the IRS to process an amended return.

Meanwhile, DO NOT go in and start changing anything on your return in the system, or you will make a mess for yourself.  Sit tight and wait until you see what the IRS does with the return you just e-filed

Joe_snyder

W2 v last check stub

I had everything so before you lead of with that crap I had my w2 but I just noticed it doesn't match my last check stub. now what do I do?

W2 v last check stub

W2 v last check stub

If you entered the W-2 on your tax return, the IRS receives a copy of the W-2 from your employer so right now there is nothing you need to do.

Contact your employer if the W-2 is incorrect.  They would have to issue a corrected W-2.  Then you will have to amend the filed return with the corrected W-2.

Joe_snyder

W2 v last check stub

That's better. this is not my first time filling but it is my first time seeing this not matching. Thank you