turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Void

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Void

I filed on 2/12 and received an accepted, but still not 2nd bar of approved on the IRS Where's My Refund tool. 

Void

All of us early filers seem to be held up. They encouraged us to file early but I will never file early again. 

Void

TurboTax only gives the general IRS (most returns are processed within 21 days) date. The actual date is known only by the IRS. TurboTax also does not adjust the general date for anything on the tax return. TurboTax receives no feedback from the IRS after filing.

The IRS says most refunds will be issued within 21 days - some faster, some longer.

Each tax return is evaluated on it's own merits. There is no first-in-first-out. Two similar tax return submitted at the same time can have totally different processing times based on IRS criteria for examining tax returns that the IRS does not divulge.

The 2015 PATH act mandated that tax refunds be held if the tax return claimed the Earned Income Credit or Additional Child Tax Credit in order to allow the IRS time to match wage statements (W-2's and 1099's) against the claimed income to combat fraudulent tax returns claiming income that did not exist and receive refunds before the IRS could process the wage statements.

Beginning in 2016, if you claim the EITC or ACTC on your tax return, the IRS must hold your refund until mid-end February This new law (PATH Act) requires the IRS to hold the entire refund.

Some returns will be held for ID verification or other verification. The IRS will send a letter if they require more information to process your tax return.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/refund-timing

Check your refund stratus here:
https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Check your state refund here:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Void

I appreciate the time you took to comment. I have to politely disagree to an extent tho. I’ve filed the same way for years. This is the first time I’ve been stuck in pending purgatory for 10 days. And yes, each return is different, but others who filed after mine or with other tax services are not held up. IMO, this is a TT issue. Much like the Form 1116 issue and software glitches that have already been fixed. It’s just a matter of how long it takes TT to get things sorted out and all of us that are stuck to be moved along. The IRS has not received my return. This isn’t an IRS issue. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies