Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gn01920249
Returning Member

Verify My Account Since using Different One from last year. Don't want to wait 48hrs...

Hi,

After filing my 2019 tax return, I received an email telling me to call and verify my account since I am using one that is different from last year. Otherwise I have to wait 48 hours until Turbotax submit this return in accordance with IRS filing regulations.

It is true that due to some reasons I changed my account and this is me for sure, so I called the following number:

TurboTax Customer Support: [phone number removed]

However, the automated customer service then told me that I do not need to take any action if that is the case, and at the mean time I have no way to transfer the call to real people!

So what is the purpose of this phone number?I have to wait for 48 hours until the return be filed to IRS?

Please help otherwise it seems a waste of time. I can't find any other technical place to ask this question.

Thank you very much.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Verify My Account Since using Different One from last year. Don't want to wait 48hrs...

You can reach our customer service department by clicking here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
gn01920249
Returning Member

Well, I called and they answered 48hrs is unavoidable.

So I guess I just have to wait for 48hrs until submitted.

I hope it will do it automatically and successfully. I hope Turbotax will send me an email when it does the job. I forgot to ask though if there is anything like that.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies