turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax/TPG

I filed my taxes in April 2022. The IRS release my money 24 hours later to TurboTax then TurboTax release my money to TPG. TPG Said they sent my money to my bank account in April. Which is a bold face lie. I believe TurboTax and TPG are running a scam. Can somebody help me?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

TurboTax/TPG

First the consumer should be aware that using the refund processing service is an option not a requirement so you need to think hard about using one and paying the extra fee.   If you can use one of the totally free  tax filing options available thru the IRS FREE FILE program then do so or pay the program fees up front and leave the third party processing bank out of the mix when at all possible.

Next there are only a few banks that handle these "RAC" products and  only 2 that handle the volume of business that TT & H&R Block produces each year so the banks they can use are very limited.  Most of the refunds flow thru the processing bank without issue however not all of them ... some require special handling for some reason and are stopped for further review.  If your refund has been held up at the processing bank then only you can contact them to find out why and what to do about it.  TT and Intuit cannot help in any way or get involved with the bank process on your behalf.  

View solution in original post

4 Replies

TurboTax/TPG

I have never heard of a refund being released in only  24 hours from the IRS ( accepted for processing yes but approved for dispursal no) ... did you check the WMR? tool ? https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Did the IRS release the funds ?  If so your only choice is to contact the processing bank to see what happened to them ... TT/Intuit has nothing to do with the refunds at all ... once the return has been filed and accepted for processing they are no longer involved with the return or the refund and cannot intercede on your behalf.

TurboTax/TPG

@Canes3 - please check the WMR tool.  there is "NO WAY" you filed and the IRS released the money 24 hours later.

assuming you efiled, the IRS 'accepts' your turn within 24 hours of filing but that acceptance is no more than their acknowledgement that they received it.  Think of it as the mail room clerk signing a receipt that they received your return.  Once accepted, it has to be processed by the IRS. If there are no errors, it takes about 3 weels; if there are errors it could take much longer.

once the the IRS releases the funds, and assuming your fees were to be netted out of the refund, the money goes directly to TPG; Turbo Tax never touches it. TPG sends the fees withheld from your refund to TT; it's not the other way around. 

TurboTax/TPG

Thank you so much for your quick response. However the fact remains that TPG is withholding my money since April 27 when they claimed they sent it to my bank. My question to you is why is such a big company like TurboTax Partnering with TPG whom Better Business Bureau gives an F rating. Are you aware of the thousands of complaints against them. Who is responsible?

TurboTax/TPG

First the consumer should be aware that using the refund processing service is an option not a requirement so you need to think hard about using one and paying the extra fee.   If you can use one of the totally free  tax filing options available thru the IRS FREE FILE program then do so or pay the program fees up front and leave the third party processing bank out of the mix when at all possible.

Next there are only a few banks that handle these "RAC" products and  only 2 that handle the volume of business that TT & H&R Block produces each year so the banks they can use are very limited.  Most of the refunds flow thru the processing bank without issue however not all of them ... some require special handling for some reason and are stopped for further review.  If your refund has been held up at the processing bank then only you can contact them to find out why and what to do about it.  TT and Intuit cannot help in any way or get involved with the bank process on your behalf.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies