Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax or IRS?

I completed my return using TurboTax; it said everything was in order and gave me the option to print it or continue to E-file.  I printed a copy, tried to continue to E-file but could not because TurboTax insisted that I upgrade to Premier because a Schedule D was required.  I checked the printed return and it included a Schedule D.  I declined this, signed the return and mailed it to IRS on March 29. It was received in Ogden on April 4 (I sent it by registered mail). I waited patiently for 6 weeks for my refund, as the IRS web page suggested, before calling.  I called the IRS today and received the same notice (from a telephone bot) as the website; saying that they could not offer me the status of my return (recieved but not accepted?). I decided that before continuing I should double check to make sure that my Schedule D was in fact correct and that I had not missed anything.  In doing so I discovered that I had erred and missed a brokerage transaction in early January of 2021.  My mistake!, and I realized I would need to file an amended return.  I returned to TurboTax to do so and upgraded to Premier status but could not continue because, while I filed on time and had appropriately upgraded, I did not know the status of me return. I am not particularly concerned (though my refund will certainly be less), but have no idea how to proceed since speaking to a real person at either the IRS or TurboTax seems virtually impossible. Anyone have any guidance other than wait to hear from IRS?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

TurboTax or IRS?

DO NOTHING until the original return has finished processing and the original refund is in hand.  Only then can you amend your return to correct the error.  

View solution in original post

1 Reply

TurboTax or IRS?

DO NOTHING until the original return has finished processing and the original refund is in hand.  Only then can you amend your return to correct the error.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies