turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Turbotax filed incorrect returns- how to fix?

@Mamawof8 wrote:

I need to Amend my 2022 North Carolina State Return.  I reported my estimated as $800, I paid $2363 in estimated tax for 2022 tax year.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for how to amend a state tax return using TurboTax - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/tax-return/need-amend-state-return/L3hGF...

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Turbotax filed incorrect returns- how to fix?

@Mamawof8 wrote:

I need to Amend my 2022 North Carolina State Return.  I reported my estimated as $800, I paid $2363 in estimated tax for 2022 tax year.

@Mamawof8 

Are you sure you need to amend? You can only amend a return that has already been filed. Did you already file the 2022 North Carolina tax return with the wrong estimated tax amount? If so, wait until the state has processed the tax return and you receive any state refund that you might be getting. The state might notice the error and correct it, without your having to do anything. They know how much estimated tax you paid.

If you have not yet filed the tax return, you do not amend it. Just correct the amount that you entered in TurboTax before you file it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies