turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jinjocole

My refund was aproved and i got my state yesterday tomrow makes 21 days when do i get federal

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

My refund was aproved and i got my state yesterday tomrow makes 21 days when do i get federal

Accepted is not the same as Approved, which is a later step.
jinjocole

Well turbo tax aproved it Monday and i got my state money may 6 when well i get federal

TurboTax does not Approve your tax return.  It only sends the tax return to the IRS or State.
Only the IRS and your State control when and if a Federal or State tax refund is Approved and Issued.
If you do not contact the IRS or use their website for the federal refund status, as explained in the correct answer below, you will never find out about the tax refund.
Once a tax return is Accepted by the IRS or State, TurboTax receives no further information about the tax return or a tax refund from either the IRS or State.

The dates for receiving a tax refund after it has been accepted by the IRS are only estimates based on the IRS target of issuing a tax refund after 21 days from the date it was accepted by the IRS.  This is a target only and not a guarantee.

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.

See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status - https://www.irs.gov/refunds

If over 21 days since being Accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.

Call the IRS:  1-800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies