Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax Deluxe 2023 - E-filed successfully but payment for federal taxes due not deducted from chosen bank account

I've successfully E-Filed my 2023 Federal Income Tax with TurboTax Deluxe 2023 on 02-02-2023, but my federal taxes due were not automatically withdrawn from my chosen bank account on the date I selected (02-15-2023).  TurboTax Deluxe 2023 software confirms that both my federal and tax filings were accepted electronically.

I've double-checked the routing number and bank account number for accuracy in the saved pdf of the filings, and they are indeed correct.

Where can I go for support on this issue?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Turbotax Deluxe 2023 - E-filed successfully but payment for federal taxes due not deducted from chosen bank account

With your return being accepted on February 2, 2024, it is quite possible that the IRS has not processed the return yet.  When the IRS processes the return they will process the payment.  No interest accumulates until after April 15, 2024.  

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get in touch with the IRS.  TurboTax does not get any feedback about your return once the IRS has accepted the return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

With your return being accepted on February 2, 2024, it is quite possible that the IRS has not processed the return yet.  When the IRS processes the return they will process the payment.  No interest accumulates until after April 15, 2024.  

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get in touch with the IRS.  TurboTax does not get any feedback about your return once the IRS has accepted the return.

Thanks for the reply, @Cynthiad66 .  I appreciate the explanation on why my bank account has not yet been debited for the 2023 tax owed.

Do you have a recommendation on how long I should wait for the IRS to process my successful E-filing before contacting them?  I simply don't want to wait until April 15 and then find myself incurring fees and interest on "delinquent" payment of taxes due if the auto-deduction has not yet occured by then.

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Funds are usually withdrawn on the payment date you specify in TurboTax, assuming your e-filed return has already been accepted (received) by the IRS. If that date falls on a weekend or federal holiday, the funds are typically withdrawn the next business day.  But your payment date was scheduled very close to your filing date.  

I would suggest giving them until around March 5th.  However, you can create an online account with the IRS that can give you great information about your taxes.  You will be able to view any pending or scheduled payments.  Create an IRS Online Account

@michaelmwallmd 

Thanks again, @Cynthiad66 , for your timely and informative response.  Much appreciated!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies