Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Owlgebra

TurboTax Advance to CreditKarma Spend

I've spent a very frustrating couple days on the phone between Turbotax and Creditkarma. CreditKarma assures me that they have my advance application and that Turbotax hasn't sent them updated tax information for me yet. Turbotax says they can see where it was applied for but nothing after that, like it glitched, and that it is LIKELY being deposited into the same account I have used in the past, my Credit Union's checking account.

Now when I look under my CreditKarma money account, the taxes are there also, with a big ? next to Federal and State and a notice underneath noting that my taxes will be deposited into the SPEND account soon ... Obviously I am receiving heavily conflicting stories, noone can tell me definitively where my money will be deposited, or even IF it will be advanced ... Even though all the advertisements for this amazing Refund Advance at 0% thing insist that the funds will be deposited within 5 minutes of IRS acceptance.

I received absolutely no acceptance or decline letter, nor any correspondence from the network bank that provides the advance. I am lost, I've never had an issue before and have been using TurboTax for years. I asked Turbotax if there was a way to reapply for the advance, and they insisted there was not. 

I've lost most of my faith in Intuit products at this point. I'm not okay with not knowing what is happening with my tax return after paying a company to take care of it for me.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Owlgebra

Added this bit to note that my advance has already been accepted by the IRS, according to the IRS tracker, not just TurboTax's tool.

Once the IRS has accepted your return for processing then and only then will the bank make a final determination on the advance being released.  Turbotax has nothing to do with it once you have submitted your return.  There was no guarantee that the bank would approve the loan even if you were pre-approved in the program.  You must contact the processing bank to see where you are in the system ... no one on this public forum or TT can assist you. 

Owlgebra

I have done all of the above, and my return is already accepted by the IRS. I find it astounding that nobody can tell me when and where my money is going. Creditkarma cannot help, TurboTax cannot help, how do I contact the bank?

Save a PDF of the return you file WITH all the worksheets and find the contract you signed for the loan ... instructions are in there.  FYI ... many folks are delayed in getting the loan every year and many are denied. 

If you have filed your federal tax return and it has been accepted by the IRS -

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 20232 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  

Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies