Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I asked for Direct Deposit but just got checks in the mail.

My account specifies I want direct deposit but I got both state and federal checks in the mail. This wouldn't be a problem except I live out of state for graduate school. The only way for me to deposit my check is via mobile app but the check exceeds the limit. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Turbo Tax has no control over direct deposit except for providing the information you entered to the IRS with your return. What transpires after that is between the IRS and the bank.  If there was any information incorrectly entered in Turbo Tax for direct deposit and the transfer can't be made, the IRS will  automatically send the refund check by mail.  You might want to check with your bank to see if the IRS attempted to direct deposit but there was an error.  Perhaps your routing number was incorrect or has changed?  If any of the direct deposit information in Turbo Tax is incorrect, you will need to fix that for next year.

Please see the link below with notice from the IRS regarding direct deposits, errors and policy.

https://www.irs.gov/faqs/irs-procedures/refund-inquiries/refund-inquiries-18

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302459

Dpagli072388
Returning Member

Just checker my stste and it says issued by check and this was the first year i got the turbo tax card..do u think that may be why?

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

You would need to contact your state tax office for any additional questions, please. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies