Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Jayladcarter
Returning Member

Turbo Tax Card. Never again.

I literally file my taxes every year with turbo tax. This year I decided to try out the advance. I will not be doing that ever again. For one, turbo tax told me I would get my refund 2 days earlier, that is not the case. Then there’s all these hidden fees. In my opinion, Netspend is the best way to go. I’ve dealt with them for years and it always comes 2 days earlier like they said it would.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

17 Replies

It seems anyone who decided to go with that TurboTax Advance card is being screwed this year. I even checked my Transcript with the IRS I have code 570 that I've NEVER SEEN before. The only thing I did different this year was that God Awful advance card. BIG MISTAKE should have stuck with DD to my own account!!

Jennafer1321
Returning Member

I feel you. I never received my card and it’s past the 10 day mark that they have on the contract. They refuse to expedite a new card and waive the fee for the card I never received. When I spoke to customer service (waited on hold for 45 mins) I mentioned that when they take their money back I would have fulfilled my end of the contract but they still wouldn’t fulfill their end because I haven’t received the card. She hung up on me. 

I just got my refund loaded. I had a DDD of 2/26, so I guess 1 day early. What pissed me off about it was they were advertising the advance, told me I was approved for $1,000, then I find out through an email that I wasn’t approved. I wouldn’t have gotten the card if it weren’t for the advance option.

Alioop20

After you were denied the loan did they have you enter your banking info when filing taxes?  I was told if I got a refund that it would go on their card but I was denied due to an offset and I entered banking info at the end of filing.  I assumed all this time I would be receiving refund at my bank and have been watching it, have a DDD of 2/26.  Just got an email saying my turbo card will arrive soon!?  So did your refund get loaded onto their card even after being denied advance?  And why haven’t I already received it if that’s how I’m getting it?  I filed and was accepted 1/27, and still haven’t received it! 

Alioop20

I haven’t received mine either!  I’m just confused on why they let me enter my bank account info, and it even shows on my return when I download it, if they’re still going to use their card!  I just assumed all this time it was going to my bank until I got an email this morning saying my card would arrive soon!  Why would they wait until my refund date to send it if I was accepted on 1/27??  This is crazy!!  

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If you have not received your Turbo Prepaid Visa, please contact customer support by clicking here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
cstine32

I was declined for refund advance. All this time I thought I was getting direct deposit now I find out I’m getting turbo tax card😡 Which I don’t have yet.... I filed on 1/27/20 I will not be using TurboTax next year!!  

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Here is more information on When you will receive your Turbo Visa Debit card. There is a number in the FAQ, you can call to find out why your card may be taking a long time for you to receive it. 

Jennafer1321
Returning Member

I’ve already called and they told me that they’d have to send out another. So that adds on to my wait time. They won’t expedite it unless I pay extra, I don’t see why I’d have to pay extra if I never received the card to begin with. This is experience is more hassle than it’s worth. 

So I have my card and got my refund to the card but my wife checked a balance at her work but accidentally did a credit card refund but voided the transaction right away but I have been waiting 2 days+ for a regional supervisor to call me.  I can't access any of my money.  I am very frustrated.

larae102587
Returning Member

I need to know why my MAX refund said 2,088 then changed to MAX refund 1,802 and i ended up only getting 1,608 i am so confused

Ashsnyder

That is exactly what happened to me!! I can’t get a hold of anyone that can tell me what is going on!! I don’t have a card either!’

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Please click the link below for assistance with your TurboTax Visa Debit Card. When you call the phone number, don't choose option 2. The system will repeat itself a few times, then you will get more options. 

https://turbodebitcard.intuit.com/contact-us

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Cf551

What number did you call to talk to live person

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies