Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

CassadiRhodes
Returning Member

Turbo card denied my tax refund

I filed with Turbo Tax (as I have for years) on 1/31/2020, with EIC credit and was approved for an advance so I went with the Turbo card. My tax return was approved on WMR with a deposit date of 2/26. I am in a few tax groups on Facebook and saw many TT + turbo card users with the same deposit date get theirs 2/25-2/26. I kept checking my card balance and checking the TPG website for updates. Later in the day yesterday I was getting really worried since I had seen hundreds of the others waiting get theirs. I called TPG and was put on hold with the option to leave call back number. Late last night I get a call back about 5 hours later. I understand their busy, no big deal. The representative told me they received my tax refund, took the fees I owed and deposited to my card but Turbo card rejected it so they sent a paper check 2/25. I’m pretty upset/worried after spending two days with no notifications or emails while stressing something went wrong and it took a long time to find something out. The TPG website was constantly down. I’m confused as how one of Turbo Tax’s bank was rejected by one of Turbo Tax’s cards. I would never opt to paper check because I have heard horror stories of refunds getting lost or delayed. The account/routing numbers matched my tax return to my cards info. I don’t understand why this would happen. I don’t think I will use TT next year as I don’t want this happening again. Is there any way I can prevent this? Is there any estimate to know when my check will be here? (Tennessee) I really was counting on my tax refund being here in the expected time and deposit date.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Same thing happened to me with my Green Dot Walmart card and I have had the same dd info for 3 years. First it said it was sent to my bank on the 26th. Then last night it said In was sent a paper check. Something is not right with that company.

I still haven’t heard anything and I’ve been trying to get ahold of someone and one answers phones. 

One way to prevent the situation you experienced this year would be to pay TurboTax upfront for your tax return instead of paying the extra $39.99 for the refund processing and the delays that can ensue. And instead of using a "card" for your refund and dealing with all the restrictions that are entailed with the card, before next year open an actual bank account to which you could send a direct deposit.   Just some suggestions, since you asked.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@CassadiRhodes  I was reading on the card info for direct deposit and it said you can only DD 5000 a month. So if you received more than that. That could be the reason it was denied. Hopefully this is not happens with me. I'm still waiting to get approved by the IRS. Did you have to send your DD info to IRS or they already have your information? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies