maccar1

Trying to get info on my amended tax refund. cant get live person at IRS. Where is my refund keeps telling me i have the wrong info

Even during “normal” times it takes about four months for the IRS to process an amended return.  During the pandemic and due to the severe backlog at the IRS it is taking much longer—six months or more for many amended returns.  Do not expect quick results from amending.  When the IRS issues a refund for an amended return it will be by check.  They do not make direct deposits for refunds for amended returns.  You can watch for information here:

https://www.irs.gov/Filing/Individuals/Amended-Returns-(Form-1040-X)/Wheres-My-Amended-Return-1

NCperson

@maccar1 - don't be surprised if the amendment takes 9-12 months from the time you submitted.