Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Love_blueyedgrl
Returning Member

Tracking refund.

Hello, I was able to check my status through the IRS yesterday and today it’s telling me my information is wrong. 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Tracking refund.

You need to wait at least 24 hours after acceptance before trying the IRS Where's My Refund? site.

When using the IRS Where's My Refund? tool, verify SSN and filing status are correct.

Look at your actual 2019 return to get the federal refund amount.  Be sure you are using what is displayed on your 1040, Line 20a for the Federal refund amount.

Use only the Federal refund amount.  Do not use any combined total figure that includes the state refund.

And if you are paying your fees out of the Federal refund, use the Federal amount without regard to the fee subtraction; i.e., the amount before any fees are subtracted.

"Super  mesquitebean Level 15"

For additional information please click the link below:

Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Tracking refund.

That’s a good sign Everytime that’s happened to me it was getting processed and before it said approved on the website the money was in my account and next day the site updated approved and sent

Tracking refund.

I received a confirmation email that the IRS received it. However today I went to WMR and the online tool said that I entered my info wrong and to wait 24 hours. I did wait 24 nothing . I called the IRS number and they are according to IVR unable to give automated updates tell next week. 

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

Tracking refund.

This is normal. It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to update. Until the IRS starts processing it on their own, you may not find record of it or the website may say that you have put in incorrect information when tracking your federal refund. As your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated accordingly. Continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund?  tool for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight. You may also download the IRS2Go app to check your Federal refund status.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/what-does-pending-mean/00/26331

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Tracking refund.

The phone message from IRS states they will only be making online updates on Wednesday and will not make any updates this week. It will begin showing online next week on Wednesday

Tracking refund.

I check my irs to see when I get my refunds but it keep saying it gone take 24 hours but it’s been to days n still saying same thing 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies