turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

maxuuell

TPG Products missing state refund and short on Federal refund

As MANY have indicated, TPG Products appears to be shorting people money without any transparency upfront about timing and pricing.

Both fed and state have indicated that my refunds have been sent, and yet I've only received one refund, short by approximately $200, and not the other.

It is pathetic that Intuit's only advice is to contact TPG Santa Monica. They are failing YOUR customers, and you (Intuit) give no indication of ADDITIONAL fees that we may incur, after you already charge us $40 on top of the the fee for the software. 

Where is my money? And what is Intuit doing to help rectify these issues?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

TPG Products missing state refund and short on Federal refund

Your state refund does not go through the third party bank at all.   Your state refund comes directly to you -- to whatever address or whatever account you chose for the state refund.  Only your federal refund goes to the third party bank.   So...if you have not received your state refund there is some other reason---either the state did not send it yet or the state reduced your state refund, etc.  

If your federal refund is short -- first you need to check to see if the IRS changed the refund at all--sometimes they do-- and then they send a letter a few weeks later.   If the IRS sent the refund that you expected, then you need to remember to reduce that amount yourself by the amount of your TurboTax fees and the refund processing fee that is being paid to the third party bank.  

If your refund ---  minus all the fees--- is less than you expected----first you need to determine if the IRS reduced your refund for back taxes, child support, spousal support, etc. because when the IRS reduces your refund it takes them a few weeks to send you the letter that explains why your refund was reduced

How can I see my TurboTax  fees?   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2565973-how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online

What is Refund Processing Service?

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

MY STATE REFUND WAS LESS THAN I EXPECTED

The state will send you a letter explaining the change.  TurboTax does not get any feedback from your state after your return is accepted, so no one at TT knows why your state refund was less.   Did you owe back taxes, child support, or student loans?  Traffic fines, etc.?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/help/how-do-i-contact-my-state-department-of-revenue/0...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies