Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Dashman85

TPG paid way less than amount owed.

I was only paid 566 of my 1454 tax refund?!?! I had 118 dollars in fees but that was it!! So wtf is going on?? You can’t be doing this to people who live paycheck to paycheck we rely on this money to survive!!! Please fix this!! 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
q113
Level 2

You got your refund already? When did u file and when was the expected date? 

Dashman85

Expected dat was the 13th I filed 23 Jan 

i was thinking the same thing. i was accepted on 1/29. not even a date yet. 

i assume if they find errors or something you didn’t include that they fix it on their end and adjust your refund accordingly? 

ee-ea
Level 15

@Dashman85 

A tax refund is not a gift from the government. A tax refund is the return of excess set asides for the payment of taxes. In effect a refund is the pay off of your no interest loan to the government. Thank you for your patriotism. When you get a small refund you have given the governments a small loan. You have over $20 per week going to the IRS. Modify your W4 at work. You will not have to pay $40 to pay TurboTax.

q113
Level 2

I filled the exact same day and same expected date I haven't received anything. Did u pay for a certain service. But a thousand dollars is allot to be missing

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

It depends. The IRS did not start accepting returns until Jan 29.  Once the returns are accepted, the refund can be expected within 3 weeks after filing if you filed electronically. Some may receive their return sooner if they choose to have their refunds directly deposited. 

Turbo tax does have a Refund Advance feature that you can choose at filing where you can receive up to $4000 instantly after IRS acceptance. The money is issued on a Credit Karma debit card. Here is the link that explains the process.

@q113 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It sounds like that 566 was ur refund advance. And then later you will get the rest of the 1400. Unless you mean you got both deposits already

.......and if some of that $1454 was supposed to come from the state...that would come at a different time.

The states have their own schedules.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies