Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Pat124

Tpg bank said they sent the irs my refund may15,2024 so the irs said they didn’t have it may30 ,2024 so when will they receive it and send a paper check or what do I do next

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

Tpg bank said they sent the irs my refund may15,2024 so the irs said they didn’t have it may30 ,2024 so when will they receive it and send a paper check or what do I do next

You have to wait for the IRS to issue a paper check and mail it to you.  Have you made certain that the mailing address you entered on your Form 1040 is correct?    Watch your mailbox and open all mail even if it looks like junk mail.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Pat124

Yes I check my mail box every day it’s from march8 2022 my refund is 6165 they gave me a extra 400 for waiting a year but I just don’t understand why I have not got it yet I change my address with the irs should I still check my old address 

So you had two incorrect pieces of information----incorrect banking information that caused the direct deposit to be sent back and an incorrect mailing address?   How long ago did you send in the change of address to the IRS?   No, if you sent a change of address then looking at your Form 1040 does not help.   It can take weeks for the IRS to change your address in the system.   

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Pat124

No I change my address in February before they sent the check out in April to the bank account April 17 2024

Pat124

I spoke to someone on the phone and changed my address in February 3 2024 

It is not clear whether the IRS has issued a check to you as of now.   Only the IRS can tell you.  TurboTax cannot find out if a check has been sent to you from the IRS.  Call the IRS to find out.

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 3 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

Pat124

Ok but irs gave me the account number to the bank which is tpg bank they had my refund last and I spoke to someone directly and they said that tpg bank has not sent it back aren’t you affiliated with the bank they said it went to the account and then they sent it to my old address and got it back and sent it may 15 to irs so how long do it takes for the irs to get it from the tpg bank that’s the question or problem is they still holding it they had it since April 17 and claim they sent it may 15 2024 why they hold it so long and who’s to say that it’s sent to irs 

No one in this user forum has any connection to SBTPG bank.  We cannot find out anything about your refund.   If the third party bank sent the refund back to the IRS then all you can do is wait for the IRS to issue and mail you a check.  We cannot predict how long it will take the IRS to do that.  Only the IRS can tell you when they will mail your check.

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

Sounds like a lot of confusing things happened.   If you entered banking information for a direct deposit that sent your refund to wrong or closed bank account, then that "wrong" bank send the refund back to the third party bank that handles refund processing.  That bank  (SBTPG)  would have either mailed a check to you OR they would send the refund back to the IRS, and the IRS would have to issue and mail a check.  Your problem was compounded by having an old or wrong address and then you had to change the address.   Did you change your address with the IRS by sending in a Form 8822 Change of Address to the IRS?

https://www.irs.gov/faqs/irs-procedures/address-changes/address-changes

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies