turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ALAB

Requested to receive refund via direct deposit, checked "Where's my refund" says I will be receiving a paper check. Filed docs with bank account number, why the switch?

Bank has not denied deposit.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Requested to receive refund via direct deposit, checked "Where's my refund" says I will be receiving a paper check. Filed docs with bank account number, why the switch?

If the IRS encounters any problem sending the direct deposit, they change it to a check sent by mail. They don't spend any time trying to figure out why the direct deposit didn't work, or trying to make it work. Also, they will not send more than three direct deposit refunds to the same bank account. Any additional refunds are sent by mail.

It's possible that the direct deposit never got to your bank. Ask the bank what the correct routing number is for direct deposits, and make sure you entered it correctly. Also double-check the account number that you entered.

This is such BS. I have been filing with TT for 10 years and 5 have been with the same bank account never had a problem. Now all the sudden this year there are all kinds of problems and excuses. It’s ridiculous how hard it is to get your own money back around tax time. If I wanted my check mailed I would have asked for a paper check. Some of need our own money in a timely fashion and all of the BS this tax season is RIDICULOUS!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies