Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dana2727

This April I filed an amendment. It was accepted. I should be getting $698 as a refund. It is not found on "Where's my refund". Any advice?

I had already submitted my taxes in January and received that refund.  I was told to wait to complete the amendment until after I received the first refund, so I did.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
micmurra6

This April I filed an amendment. It was accepted. I should be getting $698 as a refund. It is not found on "Where's my refund". Any advice?

I have the same problem.  Tried calling IRS and there seems to be no information on my amended return.  I e-filed the Amended return since that was an option but the pdf I saved said it should be mailed.  Did you e-file or mail your amended return?  I just want to know if I need to mail the amended return in order to get my refund.

dana2727

Hi! Yes, I efiled and it says it was accepted.  So, I figured I did everything correctly on my end.  I was able to easily track the first refund.  This one is saying there are no records!  I did read that it could take 12-16 weeks but I am way past that.  I submitted the amendment on April 7th and today is Sept 10th. 

@dana2727 wrote:

Hi! Yes, I efiled and it says it was accepted.  So, I figured I did everything correctly on my end.  I was able to easily track the first refund.  This one is saying there are no records!  I did read that it could take 12-16 weeks but I am way past that.  I submitted the amendment on April 7th and today is Sept 10th. 

It is taking the IRS 6 months or longer to process an amended tax return.  Until the IRS starts to process the amended return there will not be a status on the IRS amended return status website - https://www.irs.gov/filing/wheres-my-amended-return

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies