Line 24 of this form is for "Other expenses – investment, safe deposit box, etc.". This information relates to unreimbursed employee business expenses, and it is carried over from the federal return. Here's how to make adjustments:
- Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
- Click on Deductions and Credits
- Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
- Scroll down to Employment Expenses
- On Job-Related Expenses, click on the start or update button
- Once in this section, you can adjust the "other" expenses.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
I looked at the Federal section suggested and cannot find any related info there. Further note that on the NYS IT-196 form line 24 the is a note in the text field 'LOSS INCURRED FROM TOT 436336.
I cannot find this anywhere on the Federal return.