Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lisa0331

Are 2018 state taxes being delayed due to EITC?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

By law, any 2017 returns that include Earned Income Credit (EITC) and/or Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) will be held until around mid-February. And refunds from those returns will start releasing in late February. Please see below for additional details.

This applies to federal refunds. You will need to check with your state's department of revenue to see if their processing is different. How do I contact my state Department of Revenue?

PATH Act delayed refunds for some filers

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Which state?
lisa0331

maryland

Oregon

New York

By law, any 2017 returns that include Earned Income Credit (EITC) and/or Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) will be held until around mid-February. And refunds from those returns will start releasing in late February. Please see below for additional details.

This applies to federal refunds. You will need to check with your state's department of revenue to see if their processing is different. How do I contact my state Department of Revenue?

PATH Act delayed refunds for some filers

kary4567

The question was about state tax refunds not being received and you answered about federal. Today is March 18th and I still don't have my state return. I filed on January 26th. I called my state and they said there are no notices on my account and they can see it is being processed, no further information available. So the question should still be open, with an obvious answer of YES there will be delays, but obviously no one knows why or for how long, and calling your state will get you no closer to an answer.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies