Solved: The only way to fix an address after the return ha...

I need to fix a typo on my address after it’s been accepted already

I made a typo on my address. How can I fix it after it’s been accepted by the IRS already?

The only way to fix an address after the return has been accepted by the IRS is with Form 8822.  Fill out form 8822 as soon as you can and mail, next day mail, to the address based on your State, this should hopefully fix it before your return is processed.  If you are expecting a refund and you have direct deposit, you should be fine, you will receive your refund and you would have fixed your address.